Monday, July 12, 2010

It gave me great pleasure to announce to my community my unanticipated, imminent world tour with butoh master Katsura Kan. Â His humbling and exciting invitation resulted in my decision to resign from my day job to follow and work with Kan for the next 6 months. Â Briefly, the tour starts in Greece July 14, goes to Sweden, bounces to L.A. and then Buenos Aires before a Boulder butoh festival and film project, back to Seattle in October for DAIPAN'S presentation of work and then on to any or all of the following countries in

Detailed information about the Greece and L.A. components of the trip are below.

Also, FRIDAY, JULY 9, all were invited to an informal evening of Butoh performances by local butoh mama Joan Laage, me, and special guests from Brazil's Teatro Ritual. Donations at this event went to my upcoming Butoh adventure overseas.

If you couldn't make it to this performance evening but would still like to donate toward my travel expenses, please make your tax-deductible checks payable to Shunpike (2324 1st Avenue; Seattle, WA 98121 (206) 905-1026, contact: Ellen Whitlock-Baker) with a note, "Sheri Brown Butoh World Tour"; they will make sure you get the proper receipt for your tax purposes. Your donation would ensure I could afford participation in the the full tour, also enabling me to give back to to the community by sharing workshops and/or performances based on what I learn in Seattle and other communities when I return. Any amount, really, would help; if you can afford it, I would be ever-so-appreciative.



Whether or not you can donate much or any at all, however, you are sincerely appreciated as a part of my cherished world community network.



Peace and good will, power to the people, art, nature, progress, and so on:)-

Sheri Brown

www.sheribrown.com

No comments:

Post a Comment